Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Up and Adam


Its a rare day that I'm awake before Amee and usually its a good sign.  Got a few hours and awoke from a good dream with you on my mind.  Who would I invite to this blog?  How would I describe this undertaking?   I'm inviting you and everyone else should presume they are welcome.  I'm describing it like this: 

Eight years ago on July 4, 2000, we received a phone call from our adoption agency in Seattle saying that we had been approved to travel and pick up our son, Bodhi, then 4 months old in Cambodia at his orphanage.   We had been waiting since March 24, 2000 when he had received a picture of him at 5 days old and accepted the referral - beginning our family.   We travelled a few weeks later and spent a few weeks in country.  Perhaps on this trip I'll have a chance to recount some of that journey, but suffice it to say, it was incredible, deep and scented with lemongrass, coconut and baby formula.  

This trip will be a chance for Bodhi to get to know his country and his people and for Amee and I to return to a place we love and care about.  

1 comment:

laevans@rochester.rr.com said...

Sweet!!! Have a great time. I'll be watchin.